are Olifr M. Guz and Taranja Wu. Together they have been producing and performing their music since 2015. As the music they both love and want to hear does not exist, they are forced to compose it themselves.
The sound is a vigorously pumping electro-blues, peppered with elements of pulsating strobo-punk. Their songs deal with madness, bees, rockets, cars and day-to-day fallacies. Relentless hammering, sawing guitars, steaming machine sounds, mixed with the dreams of the subway. Embedded within are two voices, sounding like ABBA in Hell, accompanied by Bo Diddley on a rusty synthesizer.
Why NiEC excite their audience is easily to be heard: A look into the cold and slick world of tomorrow; a leap back into the troubling abysses of yesterday; a showdown with the obscure and blurred present where everything melts together.
Releases on Ikarus Records:
Past and upcoming shows:
7. September 2019 - Naked in English Class w/Jeffrey Lewis & the Voltage (US)
Palace, 9000 St. Gallen
15. June 2019 - NAKED in ENGLISH CLASS
(Deutsch) LandenBergFest, Zürich
29. May 2019 - Naked In English Class w/ Caroline Rose
Taptab, 8200 Schaffhausen
21. April 2019 - NAKED in ENGLISH CLASS
22. February 2019 - NAKED in ENGLISH CLASS
Le Singe, Biel
5. August 2017 - NAKED in ENGLISH CLASS
Bourg en Scène, Fribourg
8. April 2017 - NAKED in ENGLISH CLASS
Club Cardinal, 8200 Schaffhausen
1. April 2017 - NAKED in ENGLISH CLASS
Monkey Bar, 4051 Basel
8. February 2017 - NAKED in ENGLISH CLASS
One Of A Million Festival, Baden
21. January 2017 - NAKED in ENGLISH CLASS
14. January 2017 - NAKED in ENGLISH CLASS